Quality of Anabolic Steroids on The Black Market 358 Samples Analyzed

Steroid-consuming athlete

60% of anabolic steroids on the black market have a certain quality (slightly more if we take into account overdoses). The other 40% are of low quality (underdosed, contain a different steroid, or do not contain). Especially black market oxandrolone (Anavar) which is very often fake. Czech and Slovak chemists will soon publish this in the peer-reviewed scientific journal  Drug Testing & Analysis . Studies The researchers analyzed 358 different samples of anabolic steroids, all of which came from users in Czech and Slovak gyms. Results Almost 60% of the samples were of quality. They contained the same anabolic steroids that the label mentioned, in the concentrations described. However, the other 40% of the samples were not of quality. There was no difference between oral and injectable.

Studies

The researchers analyzed 358 different samples of anabolic steroids, all of which came from users in Czech and Slovak gyms.

Results

Almost 60% of the samples were of quality. They contained the same anabolic steroids that the label mentioned, in the concentrations described. However, the other 40% of the samples were not of quality. There was no difference between oral and injectable.

Graph with the analyzed steroid samples

Approximately 17% of the samples were underdosed, and over 15% of the samples did not contain any steroids. The most adulterated anabolic steroid was oxandrolone. Only 1 in 3 oxandrolone tablets was of quality. The researchers suspect that, due to the relatively high price of oxandrolone, it is economically attractive for underground labs to produce fake oxandrolones. This practice is very dangerous, since being a widely used steroid by female athletes, its contamination with other androgenic steroids implies a high risk of virilization.

READ  The Civil Guard and The Tax Agency Intercept a Postal Package With Anabolics Destined For San Bartolom√© de Tirajana

Next, the test results for oxandrolones were compared with those for methandrostenolone. Methandrostenolone (also called Methandienone), the active substance in Dianabol, is currently a relatively safe purchase in Central Europe.
 

Oxandrolone analysis vs.  dianabol

The following table summarizes all the results of the analyzes. The researchers do not provide more precise data on the samples analyzed.

These data demonstrate what most experienced steroid users already knew about. Few reliable underground labs exist. However, the few laboratories that are, have been since its inception, and are precisely those that are usually quite active by bodybuilding forums, always offering the possibility of analysis, support, etc. For this very reason, they have even been falsified, unfortunately. Yes, counterfeits of a brand that is already clandestine.

Likewise, there is the Anabolic Lab initiative created by Millard Baker where we can inform ourselves well of the current underground scene, an initiative that ensures the safety of the users of this type of substance and is that however much they are prohibited, it is a fact that they are widely used. Therefore, reducing its harmful effects on health is of vital importance, also knowing, for a long time, that frequent consumption of steroids increases the risk of mortality .

Attention: This article is for informational purposes only. The substances that are named have numerous adverse effects and should not be taken lightly. NO ONE reading this should use these supplements or drugs under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES without a prescription and without medical supervision. Neither this website, nor the author of the article, nor its translator promote or defend the use of this or any drug. If you want to lose body fat and / or increase muscle mass with proper training and diet, you can get very good results. There is no need to put your health at risk.

READ  18 People Are Detained in The Balearic Islands That Were Part of an Anabolic Trafficking Network

Study source:  Tircova B, Bosakova Z, Kozlik P. Development of an UHPLC-MS / MS method for the determination of anabolic steroids currently available on the black market in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. Anal Drug Test. 2018 Nov 13. doi: 10.1002 / dta.2541.

Original article:  European investigators test 358 anabolic steroids: two of three oxandrolones are bad. Ergo-Log.com

Author: Dylan Smith